Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Artists Needed - White Mountains, New Hampshire

I am still searching. Please share and post anywhere you think could help. Thank you!!

My name is Tim Westwig and I am a Micmac. I was born in the States but my band(tribe) is from Red Bank, New Brunswick. I have had a career in hospitality running youth hostels. I ran the largest hostel in the world in NYC for many years, and have owned a couple hostels there as well. I have recently bought a youth hostel to run called the White Mountains Hostel (wmhostel.com) located in Conway, New Hampshire.

I have a vision to fill this hostel with Native American art pieces to expose my guests to our culture. I would like the artists to be from this regional area, meaning the northeast States and eastern Canada.

I need an artist to come be in-house for a couple weeks, maybe longer, to create and paint some wall art pieces. I can provide room and board and a $300 weekly stipend. We are located at the feet of the White Mountains National Forest. I will make sure to leave much time for the artist to explore the area.

If you are interested please send me an email at Tim@wmhostel.com and we can begin a discussion.

Thank you,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment