Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I return to the first hostel that I ever trained at many years ago. Thank you to Sophie and Susan my trainers. In the meantime, I have managed several hostels, including the largest in the world in NYC. I have also owned two hostels previously. I have also managed a hotel in NYC.

But for my upcoming birthday, not saying which one, it was time for me to return closer to home and back to nature. My Native American roots calling me back from the big city. I am from Maine originally and I am a Micmac, real card carrying Native American. My father was from Littleton, NH and have family there as well.

Why hostels? Well as many good things in life it was purely accidental at first, but over the years, I have developed a great and wonderful respect of the travel experience that includes the community atmosphere that a well run hostel can foster.

I have many plans for the White Mountains Hostel, but as I have created those plans, I have kept in mind the one thing I know for sure about hostels, and that is that the heart of a hostel is the travelers that visit. Their life stories, travels, art, music, writings, and adventures of all kinds is what brings any hostel alive. I will do my best to create a place which fosters the sharing of the human spirit.

I look forward to meeting you in person!

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment